Despite the months marketers had spent planning out brand campaigns and different advertising approaches, unfortunately, the Coronavirus has changed everything. This has resulted in companies needing to quickly react to create new ideas and build new strategies to meet consumers? new habits.
Along with these changes, industries that were once flourishing have been hit hard while new, emerging sectors have seen their success skyrocket. Specifically, the food and grocery industry learned to adapt quickly to incorporate digital marketing trends through concepts like curb-side deliveries and the utilization of online platforms to help keep consumers safe throughout lockdown. Tech and entertainment companies who already had strong online presences were able to extend their reach and grow it to an even larger size due to the people?s increasing time spent online. What managed to help these industries grow was in part due to the way marketers adapted to new digital trends.
The world has become increasingly digital-centric since lockdowns, quarantines, and social distancing requirements have been enforced. Brands need to think about what the best approach to digital marketing will be specifically for them and then work on executing it successfully for their target audiences.
Digital marketing predictions are likely to include new strategies towards marketing during a crisis, social media and email marketing trends, artificial intelligence use, and better ways to approach customer service.
1. Shoppable Posts: This trend is already on the rise but we will be seeing even more use of shoppable posts. Consumers are constantly looking for the easiest, quickest way to shop. This is why using different social media platforms allow users to simply click on a post and buy an item featured in it.
2. Voice Search: Data has been illustrating that people are constantly looking for the most convenient way to gain information or news, so it only makes sense that we will be seeing an increase in voice search technology.
3. Video Marketing: 92% of marketers state that using video content is an active part of their campaign strategies. Video content helps persuade and attract consumers to a brand for potential conversions as people are much more likely to engage with a video as opposed to other forms of content such as a blog post or written content.
4. AI-Chat Boxes: Consumers still want a ?human-touch? while they shop online. This is why marketers are using artificial intelligence chat boxes to meet customers? needs. These chat boxes speak to consumers in comprehensive sentences while answering any questions a customer may have while shopping, giving the illusion of a human interaction and involving the customer more in the process.
5. Artificial Reality: The growing popularity of artificial reality will lead companies to incorporate this trend more than ever before. AR will allow consumers to see products in 3D before making the final decision regarding whether or not to purchase a specific product.
6. Virtual Reality: Similar to artificial reality, virtual reality will see increases in marketing use. Companies will be able to create the illusion of in-store shopping for customers through the use of devices such as VR glasses.
7. Interactive Content: Marketers are finding new ways to keep consumers interested through interactive content. Approaches such as online quizzes, polls, and shoppable posts will be commonly seen throughout eCommerce social media platforms as well as their websites.
8. Social Messaging Trends: While some social media platforms are perfect places for users to chat with their friends and family, other platforms such as Facebook Messenger and WhatsApp are now being utilized for networking purposes by business owners.
9. Programmatic Advertising: A method of eliminating the guessing game of ad placements, marketers will now be able to buy an advertisement in real-time situations, placing ads in desirable places while their target audience is present. This is also a great strategy as brands will be able to spend budgets more wisely when it comes to marketing their products.
10. Artificial Intelligence Growth: Generally speaking, artificial intelligence growth will continue to rise. Marketers are discovering new technologies to better handle customer service along with using AI to obtain in-depth information quickly. Whether it is for gathering consumer data, tracking sales and user patterns, freeing up time for employees by removing repetitive tasks or looking to implement improved email marketing trends.